Four Reasons to Volunteer for a Healthier, Happier Holiday and New Year
- Giving of your time makes you feel happy.
- Volunteering increases your self-confidence.
- Doing good for others gives you a sense of accomplishment.
- Developing pride and identity through your volunteer role.
Do something for yourself by sharing your time with O.A.S.I.S. now and in the new year.
Elves Needed for OASIS Christmas Shop
Wednesday, December 4th – Friday, December 6th – Saturday, December 7th – Sunday, December 8th
Get your Christmas spirit in gear by helping at the annual O.A.S.I.S. Christmas Shop. This All-Volunteer event gives our pantry clients the opportunity to ‘shop’ for donated Christmas toys and winter wear for their family. Clients sign-up at the Food Pantry to participate in the event which takes place over the weekend of December 7th at Hope Lutheran Family Center 1795 Old Hwy. 94, St. Charles, MO.
Fund raising and toy drives are in full swing, but we can’t have a Christmas Shop without a bunch of elves. We are looking for a small army of volunteers to help with the O.A.S.I.S. Christmas shop and are hoping to count on you! If you can help during any of the following dates/times please reply to Pam Russina with your name, the day(s) you’d like to volunteer, and the number/names/emails of additional helpers.
Volunteers for Sat/Sun must be age 18 or over; although teenagers can help alongside a parent. Just let us know if your son/daughter will be joining you when you sign up. On Friday you may come and go as you need, but if you sign up to volunteer for Wednesday, Saturday or Sunday you need to commit for the entire time.
- Dec. 4th Wednesday 3:30-4:30PM – Unload the first truck and move coat racks from storage. If you have a truck to help us transport the coat racks this is a plus! I only need 6 volunteers, but they must be physically able to carry coat racks down a flight of steps.
- Dec. 6th Friday 1:30PM – 4:30PM: Unload trucks, Carry, count, sort, and set-up toys.
- Dec. 7th Saturday 7:30AM – Noon: Training + Work Christmas Shop greeting shoppers, helping select toys, carrying bags, and generally making the experience a good one for our guests.
- Dec. 8th Sunday 12:30 – 4PM: Training, Work Christmas Shop, Pack up toys, and Clean Up.
Please contact Pam Russina at email@example.com if you can help.
Birthday Bag Mission – Cake Mixes Needed
The Food Pantry is seeking cake mix donations for the Birthday Bag mission at O.A.S.I.S. This mission assembles a birthday kit for client children having a birthday during the month they visit the food pantry. The birthday bag includes a cake mix, frosting, plates, napkins and a book or DVD – everything needed for a birthday celebration. Cake mix donations can be dropped off at the pantry or sent through your church.
Wishing you and yours God’s Blessings and a very Merry Christmas.
O.A.S.I.S. Food Pantry Board Members