How Can I Help?
Food is the most basic of human needs and yet an increasing number of people in our area go to bed hungry at night and wake up wondering where their next meal will come from. Please help O.A.S.I.S. continue to help those less fortunate in St. Charles County.
We have no paid personnel at O.A.S.I.S. Over 90% of your donation is passed on in the form of food and hygiene items to families in need.
Whatever you choose to give, be assured that the O.A.S.I.S. volunteers will work hard to maximize the good that your gift provides to those who come to us for assistance.
Following are ways you can help us with our ongoing mission:
1. Make A Donation
Donations for purchasing food and for operating costs of the pantry may be made online with your credit card or PayPal account by using the form below:
Donations may also be sent to:
OASIS Food Pantry
1814 Boone’s Lick Road
St. Charles, MO 63301
If you file a FEDERAL and STATE long form tax return, you can use each dollar donated as a charitable deduction. Missouri offers a Food Pantry Tax Credit (FPT) of up to 50% up to $2,500 per taxpayer per year (more info).
2. Hold a Food Drive
Your group or organization can have a food drive. Let us know and we can make arrangement to come and pick-up.
3. Sponsor A Family
Please consider sponsoring a family by selecting your sponsorship option below.
4. Designated Payroll Deduction
Some employers offer the opportunity for you to contribute to the charity of your choice via payroll deduction. In many cases they will also match donations to a certain level. If your employer offers this option it is a great way for you to help our mission on an on-going basis. All you have to do is check with your Human Resources representative and arrange for this regular contribution.
5. Annual Golf Tournament
Regardless of whether or not you play golf, there are several ways you can support this fund raising tournament. The various ways include:
- Become a tournament sponsor. Sponsorships are available for individuals, businesses, churches, organizations, etc. To become a sponsor use the player application/sponsor form available on this web site or call a golf committee member. Their names and numbers are available by visiting the special events page on this web site.
- Donate to the auction that will be held following the tournament. Examples of items to donate include tickets to sporting or other major events, vacations or any other item you think would be popular.
- Donate to the gift bags that will be provided to all players or donate something for the tournament door prizes.
- You can have your own team play in the tournament. Just arrange your players and submit the player application/sponsor form.
- You may also contact Terry Rodewald at 636-978-6341 for further details or to arrange donation of auction items, gift bag items and/or door prizes.
6. Contributions from Business and other Organizations
Most of the money we receive from a business or an organization comes to us because an individual (maybe you) solicits a contribution. If you have an employer or are a member of an organization and you feel O.A.S.I.S is a cause worthy of help, we encourage you to make the appropriate contacts to ask for a contribution to O.A.S.I.S. If there are forms to fill out or information to provide, we will gladly provide help with forms and provide any needed information.
For additional information about O.A.S.I.S and the help we offer, please contact Terry Rodewald firstname.lastname@example.org 636-544-4607
7. Volunteer Opportunities
There are also many volunteer opportunities available at O.A.S.I.S. Here are some of our ongoing needs:
- Special Events:
- 2nd Tuesday of each month USDA Food 8:30am-10am, receive and unload pallets of food items.
- Postal workers “Help Stamp Out Hunger” Food Drive Saturday May 11, 2019, receive and sort items collected, 1pm-5pm. Refreshments provided.
- Boy Scouts “Scouting For Food” Food Drive Saturday Nov. 23, 2019, receive and sort items collected. 11am – 4pm. Lunch provided.
- Make “Birthday Bags” for our client’s children 1-12 years of age. Box cake mix, icing, DVD’s/CD, plates, napkins, and books age appropriate.
We are always looking for churches and church groups to join us in this mission!
Thank you for serving in our community!
And the King will answer them, truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these…you did for me.