How Can I Help?
Food is the most basic of human needs and yet an increasing number of people in our area go to bed hungry at night and wake up wondering where their next meal will come from. In the midst of a severe economic downturn, more people than ever need our help. Please help O.A.S.I.S. continue to help those less fortunate in St. Charles County.
We have no paid personnel at O.A.S.I.S. Over 90% of your donation is passed on in the form of food and hygiene items to families in need.
Whatever you choose to give, be assured that the O.A.S.I.S. volunteers will work hard to maximize the good that your gift provides to those who come to us for assistance.
Following are ways you can help us with our ongoing mission:
Donations for purchasing food and for operating costs of the pantry may be made online with your credit card or PayPal account by clicking the button below:
Donations may also be sent to:
OASIS Food Pantry
1814 Boone’s Lick Road
St. Charles, MO 63301
If you file a FEDERAL and STATE long form tax return, you can use each dollar donated as a charitable deduction. Missouri offers a Food Pantry Tax Credit (FPT) of up to 50% up to $2,500 per taxpayer per year (more info).
2. Sponsor A Family
Please consider sponsoring a family by selecting your sponsorship option below.
3. Designated Payroll Deduction
Some employers offer the opportunity for you to contribute to the charity of your choice via payroll deduction. In many cases they will also match donations to a certain level. If your employer offers this option it is a great way for you to help our mission on an on-going basis. All you have to do is check with your Human Resources representative and arrange for this regular contribution.
4. Annual Golf Tournament
Regardless of whether or not you play golf, there are several ways you can support this fund raising tournament. The various ways include:
- Become a tournament sponsor. Sponsorships are available for individuals, businesses, churches, organizations, etc. To become a sponsor use the player application/sponsor form available on this web site or call a golf committee member. Their names and numbers are available by visiting the special events page on this web site.
- Donate to the auction that will be held following the tournament. Examples of items to donate include tickets to sporting or other major events, vacations or any other item you think would be popular.
- Donate to the gift bags that will be provided to all players or donate something for the tournament door prizes.
- You can have your own team play in the tournament. Just arrange your players and submit the player application/sponsor form.
- You may also contact Terry Rodewald at 636-978-6341 for further details or to arrange donation of auction items, gift bag items and/or door prizes.
5. Contributions from Business and other Organizations
Most of the money we receive from a business or an organization comes to us because an individual (maybe you) solicits a contribution. If you have an employer or are a member of an organization and you feel O.A.S.I.S is a cause worthy of help, we encourage you to make the appropriate contacts to ask for a contribution to O.A.S.I.S. If there are forms to fill out or information to provide, we will gladly provide help with forms and provide any needed information.
For additional information about O.A.S.I.S and the help we offer, please contact Terry Rodewald email@example.com 636-544-4607
5. Volunteer Opportunities
There are also many volunteer opportunities available at O.A.S.I.S. Here are some of our ongoing needs:
- Grill Hot Dogs – Thursday or Saturday mornings. 9:30am-12:00pm while the Food Pantry is open.
- Special Events:
- 2nd Tuesday of each month USDA Food 8:30am-10am, stock shelves.
- Girl Scouts Personal Care Drive April 8, 2017, separate and stock the shelves. Lunch will be provided.
- Postal workers Food Drive May 13, 2017, separate and stock the shelves, 2pm-5pm.
- Boy Scouts Food Drive Nov. 18, 2017, separate and stock the shelves.
- Your group or organization can have a food drive and stock the shelves.
- Make Birthday bags for our client’s children 1-12 years of age. Box cake mix, icing, DVD’s/CD, books age appropriate.
- Cleaning of the Food Pantry Saturday afternoon from 12pm to 2:30 pm.
We are always looking for churches and church groups to join us in this mission! If you are interested, please contact Terry Rodewald firstname.lastname@example.org 636-544-4607 or Mike Wraspir email@example.com 636-240-7180.
Thank you for serving in our community!
For more information please call:
And the King will answer them, truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these…you did for me.